This article describes the steps to install NetBrain App 3.0 to a free ServiceNow Dev Instance by using Update Set.
This deployment guide should only be used for solution POC and testing purposes on ServiceNow free Dev Instance.
For a production environment, please install the App through ServiceNow App Store.
1. Request NetBrain Update Set XML file
- Create a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org and request NetBrain Update Set XML file.
2. Upload XML file to ServiceNow instance
- After login to ServicenNow instance, search “Retrieved Update Sets” in navigation bar
- Click “Import Update Set from XML” button in right panel
- Click “Choose Files” and select the target XML file from the local folder. Note: The file will be provided by NetBrain Integration team
- Click “Upload” to upload XML file
- The file will be uploaded and display in the right panel
3. Preview Update Set
- Click the target Update Set from Reviewed Update Set list
- Click “Preview Update Set” and wait until if finish. It includes 231 errors and warnings
4. Delete error and warning
- Within the same page, under the “Update Set Preview Problems” tab, scroll to the bottom page and check the checkbox to select all errors/warnings on this page
- Click “Actions on Selected rows…” in the bottom and select “Delete” option
- Repeat step-a to step-b to delete all 231 errors/warnings
5. Commit Update Set
- After delete all errors/warnings, “Commit Update Set” option is available in the same page. Click “Commit Update Set” button to commit the change.
- Note: Ignore the result of “Failed at 100%”. Search NetBrain in ServiceNow navigation bar and test a trigger to verify if Update Set installed successfully.